Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

Friday Recipe- Red Pepper and Wensleydale Soup

I thought I would try a new weekly occurring theme on the blog. I love to cook and I love to bake from receipts and adjust accordingly to my own tastes, So with this in mind I thought of sharing a receipt every Friday. I do need to think of a new name though so I'm up for any suggestions. Anyway this is my first receipt. I have loved this soup since being in my first coffee shop making the soup. I adjusted the recipe to give it a little kick and it is very comforting and warming, particularly now we are moving into Autumn.

Red Pepper and Wensleydale Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 onion
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1tsp Paprika
  • 1/4tsp chili powder or flakes
  • Tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 250ml vegetable stock
  • 150g Wensleydale Cheese.


Method

  1. Chop onion and red pepper and add to a pan with a small amount of oil. Cook gently till soft
  2. Add paprika and chili powder
  3. Add chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and simmer for 20 mins
  4. Once simmered blend 
  5. Add Wensleydale to your blended soup. 
  6. Enjoy with a lovely slice of homemade bread or just any good crusty bread.
I hope everyone likes the recipe it is one of my favourite soups to make. 

No comments: